Production Planning & Estimating Manager, Machining & Fabrication
Vitex Extrusion is currently seeking a full-time Production Planning and Estimating Manager for its Machining & Fabrication division to effectively manage and oversee the flow of material from ordering incoming raw material to scheduling production through the presses.
- Analyze customer prints and other documentation to prepare estimates, material cost, and manufacturing process time.
- Track actual costs to quote estimates as manufacturing orders are completed.
- Consult with customers, outside contractors, personnel in other departments to formulate estimates and obtain RFQ’s for sub-contractors.
- Confer with and get inputs from manufacturing engineers and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Organize and manage production schedules according to demand and capacity restraints to ensure the master schedule supports customer requirements.
- Identify and help to resolve bottlenecks, machine maintenance, requirements, workforce issues, and plant capacity.
- Provides commitment dates to customer service based on capacity within the master schedule.
- Works with manufacturing supervisors to obtain feedback about the production status.
- Work with the production and engineering staff to make improvements to quality, safety, cost, and productivity.
- Update and maintain part masters with respect to production methods.
- 5+ years comparable work experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong, clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office Suite
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Knowledge of production scheduling and planning a plus
- Familiarity with the concepts of 5S and lean manufacturing desirable
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- competitive salary based on experience
- health, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) & monthly profit sharing
- performance-based year-end bonuses
- paid holidays & paid time off (accrued)
HOW TO APPLY
Send resumes and letters of interest to:
Vitex Extrusion, LLC
Att: Sharon Vitolo
43 Industrial Park Drive
Franklin, NH 03235-0270
or complete the form below